6-30-12

Last Saturday we had a 3 event competition at our gym created by Cheslea Ryan. The three events were:
8 min to find max power clean
2 min max lateral burpees
8 min Amrap of pull ups(1pt) hspu (2pts) and Hang Snatch 105#(3pts)

reeults:
Max power clean: 280#
lateral burpees: 45
Total points: 209

It was a great event I always enjoy the competition atmosphere. I can always take advantage of some extra adrenaline and usually get a pr. This time it was on the power clean. I was able to catch 285 on my shoulders twice but i was unable to stay above parallel and couldn't stand it up even if i had.

This weeks training was great. Last week I did power snatch 1.1 at 195 and this week at 205! I am still working lots of front squats and upper body strength movements. I am about to go to Catalyst Athletics with hopes of leaning how to jerk!


No comments:

Post a Comment