7-7-12

AM.
A.
Work up to today's 1-RM Snatch
B.
Work up to today's 1-RM Clean & Jerk
PM
Three rounds for time of:
Rope Climb x 2 ascents
Muscle-Ups x 4 reps
Handstand Push-Ups x 6 reps
Pistols x 8 reps each leg (alternating is fine)



Results:
AM
A.
215
B.
265
PM
4:45


Notes:
I took a few days off due to fatigue in my upper back. Nothing too bad just a lot of front squats taking their toll. Today was my first day back and I still had some residual pain from the past few weeks but it didnt seem to hold me back. 215 is a pr for me outside of the regional snatch ladder. I have only done it 3 times before but every time was during the ladder either in practice or at regionals. I was great to hit it and have it feel so good. I did not attempt anything higher.
265 is a pr jerk and a pr clean and jerk. Last October I power cleaned and jerked 260 but today was 265 squat clean and jerk. The jerk felt much better than in October at the OPTathalon. I credit it to the front squats and to Steve Pan from Catalyst Athletics. Only one week ago I worked with him for an hour and he gave me some drills to take home. I worked with them 3 times this week and it paid dividends. Can't wait to try more when I am feeling 100%.

3 comments:

  1. Back fatigue??? Gezzzz toughen up, every day you take off someone else is working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do, B-Mo. Thanks for the pep talk!

    ReplyDelete